- Your Consent
- Information We Collect
- How We Use Your Information and How to Opt Out
- Other Websites
- How to Obtain Access to and Update Your Information
- How We Protect Your Information
- Confidentiality and Security
- Complete Agreement and Relationship to Terms and Conditions of Website Use
- Choice of Law and Venue
- Transfer of Website
- Website Administration
- How We Use Your Information. We use information you provide to us via the website only as provided in this Policy. Better Life Home Health may use the information that you provide, and the organization collects to:
(i) Communicate with you. If you send us an email with questions or comments, or if you include your contact information when providing us with feedback about our website, we may use your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information included in your correspondence to respond to you, or as otherwise set out in our Terms.
(ii) Information you wish to have posted on our website or in our newsletters. Among other information, our website contains testimonials and other information about Better Life Home Health and our services. You may submit testimonials for posting on our website or inclusion in our newsletters via the “contact” tab. We will use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to contact you about your proposed posting (as we deem advisable), and for related purposes.
(iii) Registering for events; payment. You may register for certain events by downloading a registration request (each, a “Registration Request” or “Request”) available on our website and sending the completed Request to Better Life Home Health via the instructions included on the Request. The Registration Request asks you provide certain
Personally Identifiable Information including, among other things: (i) your name; (ii) your contact information; (iii) information related to your professional practice; and (iv) your billing information. We use this information to facilitate your registration and for other, related purposes. In addition, we use the billing information you provide to process the payment for the applicable event (the “Event Fee”). We also retain a copy of your Registration Request for our records unless you fail to attend the course or cancel your registration, in which case we destroy the Request. We handle payments by submitting billing information that you provide to a third-party vendor. Any billing information sent by us to our third-party vendor is intended solely to allow said third party to process payment. If we have trouble processing a payment, we may also use the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to contact you.
(iv) Newsletters and other updates to you. In addition, you may provide us with your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information so that we can send you newsletters concerning Better Life Home Health, our website, the services we offer, and other information related to Better Life Home Health (the “Newsletters”). In addition, we may use your email address and other Personally Identifiable Information to invite you to presentations, or other events that we believe may be of interest to you. You will have the ability to opt out of receiving these materials, as provided below.
(vi) Additional Information. Periodically, we may send other news, bulletins, or information to you that is not included in our newsletters and will use Personally Identifiable Information to send you such communications. If we choose to undertake these communications, you will have the ability to opt out of receiving them as provided in below.
(vii) Surveys. Periodically, we may initiate surveys on our website, and we may request Personally Identifiable Information from you in connection with such surveys. You are free to choose whether or not to participate in a survey. Survey information may be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and appeal of our website, and for other purposes set out in the survey. We will notify you of relevant details in connection with asking for your participation in such surveys.
(viii) No unrelated third party is given access to your personal information. Except as expressly stated in this Policy, we do not share with unrelated third parties any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us. We will share your Personally Identifiable Information with vendors that are involved in providing the services that we offer or the operation and maintenance of our website (collectively, the “Site Vendors”). Personally Identifiable Information that we collect will be disclosed only to Better Life Home Health employees or Site Vendors on a “need-to-know” basis for purposes of fulfilling their responsibilities.
(ix) Other uses. Other uses may include to: administer the website and diagnose server issues; verify your identity; measure the number of visitors to the website and how the website is used in order to make the website as useful as possible; and enable cookies, click- throughs, tags and other similar technology used with the website.
- Other Websites. Our website and our newsletters may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and to read the privacy
- How to Obtain Access to and Update Your Information. To allow you appropriate control over your Personally Identifiable Information, you can request that we change, update or delete the Personally Identifiable Information that you have previously submitted to us. We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before fulfilling such requests. In addition, you have the option to unsubscribe to our newsletters, and we will take reasonable steps to comply with this request in a timely manner. You may also delete your name and other Personally Identifiable Information from our databases. Please understand, however, that it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to system backups and records of deletions. In addition, if you request deletion of your Personally Identifiable Information, you will be unable to utilize the services associated with that Personally Identifiable Information. We will fulfill deletion requests within a reasonable time.
We have put in place security systems designed to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information you may provide to us, and we take reasonable steps to secure and safeguard this Personally Identifiable Information. Moreover, employees of Better Life Home Health are required to acknowledge that they understand and will abide by our policies with respect to the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. Our security systems are therefore designed to deter and prevent hackers and others from accessing Personally Identifiable Information that you provide to us. We also use software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Please understand, though, that this section should not be viewed as giving business, legal, or other advice, or warranting as fail-proof, the security of any information, including Personally Identifiable Information, submitted to our website. Due to the nature of internet communications and evolving technologies, we cannot provide, and expressly disclaim, assurance that the information, including Personally Identifiable Information, you provide us will remain free from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties who, despite our efforts, obtain unauthorized access.
- Confidentiality and Security. Patient referrals can be made electronically via this website, information provided is encrypted and stored in a secured database. Better Life Home Health has taken and will continue to take measures to protect the confidentiality and security of information transmitted to this website; however, please be aware that the Internet is inherently insecure, and confidentiality and security of information cannot be guaranteed. Please read Better Life Home Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices to understand how any Protected Health Information (“PHI”), as that term is defined in the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, at 45 CFR § 160.103, will be treated.
In addition, you may use this website to apply for employment with Better Life Home Health. Information that you provide during use of this website to apply for employment with Better Life Home Health is also encrypted and stored in a secured database. While Better Life Home Health makes every attempt to maintain safeguards to prevent unauthorized access to information collected, Better Life Home Health does not represent or warrant that the use of Better Life Home Health’s online employment application will not suffer a security breach.
- Children. This website is not directed at children under the age of 13. Better Life Home Health complies with Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and does not knowingly permit registration or submission of personally identifiable information by anyone under 13 years of age. In the event we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personally Identifiable Information to us, in accordance with COPPA, we will delete the child’s Personally Identifiable Information from our web databases or obtain verifiable parental consent.
|Document Owner and Reviewer